Sunday, November 22, 2009

well, let's start from the first day,
my first impression of Siem Reap was that it looks like a nature reserve of some holiday resort we usually see in Singapore.=)
The moment i get on the bus, my eyes were constantly searching for food or little snacks as i was really starving then. =X
And here comes the food, with a extra carbonated coke from Cambodia. It just makes everyone bloated o.o


the silk worm farm was pretty interesting. I never really get to see the whole process of how my lovely silk blanket that i used to snatch from my mum was actually made. hehe! i don't really feel disgusted or creeped out by these little wormies. But, i kind of pity the worms. Like they existed for that piece of cloth people get for like $35USD ? that scarf people wrap around one's neck.



Ok so count yourself lucky that you're not a silk worm =)

my first impression of the primary school was that it looked pretty "back-wards"
well, like we've gone back to the past through a time-machine (which is the jet star plane)
hehe! to the past or future? choose jetstar.
Nah i'm just kidding.
moving on, the classrooms were pretty dusty.
i think i would be sneezing my day out if i were to study there.

The land mine museum was quite interesting but not much explainations provided.
i feel sorry for the children that were involved as i read their stories.=(

i farm orphanage got my attentions most that day.
as i said, i realised that their attitude is really worth complimenting. they were focus and sharp about what they exactly wanted to do. they were really a bunch of positive children
 They are really well-mannered. and my new friend ( son) taught me to make a basket.
And in exchange, i gave her a singapore keychain , words written with correction fluid behind it.
i was pretty reluctant to leave and was one of the last that went up the bus.





Day2:
helping little cute kids thrilling and fun. i really enjoyed myself.
although i think  that the children at the orphan were more well-mannered than the children in the school.
they are still a fun batch, they were quite obedient i must compliment!

later that day, i have NEVER swept a floor this filthy in my 14 years of life.
a rat was even spotted o.o which freaked out some people.
painting was fun.
overall, i got myself down and dirty. But i enjoyed it. i had a hard time washing my dusty hair when i was back at the hotel.



Day3:
Almost everyone fell sick.
i was actually fine in the morning. i thought i was strong =X
but i fell sick after a morning nap after breakfast.
No fever though.
Cip was cancelled. i felt disappointed for not being able to complete where we left off.
well this was mainly wad happened to me.
i ate breakfast, i threw out breakfast.
i ate lunch, i threw out lunch.
i ate a pinch of dinner, nothing came out. =)
haha!
but throughout the visit to the old market, i was half-dead. horrible feelings back then.

Day 4:
It is truly incredible to be able to visit one of the 7 wonders of the world. =) which is angkor wat.
The experience of riding on the elephant was butt-aching =X but its thrilling and fun=) i want to go again!
i thought that the structures of the building were pretty creative and fascinating. if you carefully observe the details, they are amazing. imagine the time consumed to make such a fantasy place?
wow! =O the hiking was fun though.
i enjoyed it very much!





Day 5:
still drowsy due to the time i had to wake up.
i start to miss my experience i had in cambodia,
yet looking forward to see my friends and family.
ahhhhhhhh.... home at last! so comfy, with my air-con blowing at me =)
and my little soft toy on my lap.

hey all, we're lucky to have what we have now.
so appreciate it. And cherish it well!
and thank eunice for being there and everywhere for me especially when i'm sick x.x
And Ja sin for being a heHeHE roomate=D

God bless !
lea sen huay! (goodbye in cambodian)
More pictures will be uploaded=)

No comments:

Post a Comment