Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Group Dynamic Donkey :D --Daily Reflection Day 1.

Faye:
I was shocked and surprised to see their living conditions and environment. I had never expected them to be cheerful and selfless despite living in a harsh environment. They would take good care of each other and they are very helpful. They are willing to help us and answer our every questions. The children also have a positive mindset that enable them to be happy and cheerful even when facing difficulties and challenges in their lives. Although the children did not have or have little educations, we were able to learn how to cherish and treasure things and people around us from them. Surprisingly, I felt so attached to the children and especially the cute little girl who at first, despite being wary and scared of me, finally warmed up to me and gave me lots of lovely and wonderful flowers. My FAVOURITE part of this trip was when we distributed the donated clothing to them. Some didn’t even have shoes. They did not fight over the clothing, but, instead, they shared among themselves. This moved me so much that I cried when I saw their graciousness. When it was time to live, the children hugged me and gave me a bracelet they had made and gave me a hug each. I couldn’t bear to go when they hugged me. On the bus journey back to the hotel, I was there crying with a few of my friends, feeling extremely lucky to have a good living environment. We should cherish and treasure all the things and people around us before we lose them and regret it. I hoped that we can do more for the children and that I will be able to go for other trips as meaningful as this. :D

Shaik:
The CIP at the Krobei Real Primary School is an experience which I would never forget for the rest of my life. It had helped me to build up my confidence while teaching them and also give me an opportunity to meet people with all walks of life. I am touched by the fact that these children actually sing along and pay their maximum attention to us when they barely met minutes ago. The donations which I had donated to them had really made me feel proud that at least I had made a difference in their life. They were rushing to get our unwanted clothes. These just shows that I need to be more grateful to whatever I have more and learn to appreciate life better. Reflecting back, I felt very fortunate to study in SKSS as these children are studying in a school of the harshest conditions but still not missing out in terms of education.

Craig:
I found out that Cambodia still has lots of mines that could not be found. And I pity the people who were killed by the mines. Mines were placed by the Khmer rouges while they were in war.

Chen Shan:
The first question that came into my mind was the children’s attitude towards their lives. Are they happy or miserable?
The moment I stepped down the bus, they welcomed us with their bright and warm smile. After they have performed, I realized that their attitude is worth complimenting. They are focus and sharp about what they wanted to do.i was really impressed! =) I found them quite a bunch of really positive children and always willing to share despite their harsh circumstances. It makes me reflect back on what if I were in their shoes, will I be as positive and well-mannered as them? I then realized that we’re all really fortunate, but we just take things for granted. I must learn how to appreciate all the things. I felt so blissful on how just thinking about everything I have. Finally I gave my new friend(son) a hug and gave her a keychain written with correction fluid, with her full name and my initials on it. =D And she helped me finish a basket and filled with many beautiful flowers in it. I was really reluctant to go and was on of the last to leave.
Thank god for everything you’ve let me experience! =)

Sheng hui:
When I first step in the school, I saw many small kids was walking and running around. After I finish teaching and interact, I feel that they are very friendly and cute. When I was moving their table out of the classroom for painting, they was very helpful and willing to help us to moved the table. And this is the first time I feel very happy when doing the hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment