Friday, November 20, 2009

Hi Everyone!

In my opinion, the most impactful and memorable trip was to the Farm Orphanage!
When we arrived, the children welcomed us by standing at the gate, with flowers on their hands and smiling cheerfully to us. I was touched as they were all very well-mannered kids despite their unfortunate family background. First, they performed some dances and musics to us. Next, they taught us how to dance,play musical instruments and weave baskets. It was a total different experience for many of us there! Although I did not managed to finish weaving the basket, but I enjoyed the process and find it very meaningful. Before we leave, we distributed some clothes to them. They were all very happy to receive it despite they were old clothes. Compared to the children in S'pore, children in S'pore may not even look at the old clothings twice! I feel that this is what we should learnt from them! When it was time to go, I cried because I cannot bear them! Although our time together was short, but I'm sure everyone of us treasure it very much! I will treasure this new friendship and I hope to visit them next year! =)

By: Jingting :D

No comments:

Post a Comment