Saturday, November 21, 2009

Overall reflection for cambodia trip

The trip was fun and memorable for me and I believe everyone too. We put our heart and soul in trying to give the students in Krobei primary school a condusive enviroment to study by helping them bulit toilet and paint their classrooms. We also went to teach them but their level of education is higher than what we expected. Many or should I say all of them know their basics of english and we were surprised. However, I think they are more the materialistic sort of children compared to the children in the farm orphanage. Anyway, everyone gave their best effort in helping them the childrens there even though the painting was only 70% completed.
FARM ORPHANAGE:
In the times I share at the orphanage, I find it the most memorable as it taught me lessons of life. The children over there welcome us with bright smiles and warm kindness as they performed to us their music and performing talents. They then taught us on playing their instruments. They were patients towards us and their hospitality were appreciated. Many of us were taught on how to weave baskets by them but I was skipping class and instead played with my buddies. I taught them words in eng while they taught me the words in khmer. Having personal interaction with them, I can say that this bunch of orphans are brave and can be our role models in showing us no matter how difficult is life, there is always a gimmer of hope. I believe if I ever feel like giving up, as long as I remember how the orphans survived, I will continue to strive on and be more determine to succeed.
SHOPPING:
Shopping in cambodia is etched in my mind as it recalled many of us slashing prices of shirts, keychain, puppets and others stuff to nearly half of the original price. It was shocking to know that some of us who was quiet among the us have such a talent in bargaining price. I believe everyone was shopping to their hearts' content as many of us were carrying bags of plastic bags in our arms and have excess luggages. :P (I must confess that I also bought some things)
ANGKOR WAT:
Angkor Wat really deserve the title of one of the seven wonders of the world. Only those who been there can understand why. The temples, although are ancient and there are some ruins, the temples still stand tall and magnicient. Although the process of climbing the stairs to the peak is tough(the stairs is uneven), but all of us manage to reach to the top and it was really worth it. Jonathan and I instead of walking the normal stairs, steps on the ruins course we lazy to wait for turn by turn to go down. In the end, it was worth the effort to see the temples.
In all, the trip was a great experience for me to see the outside world and get out of the comfort zone. It help me understand life bitter, sweet, sour and spice. It is truly a memorable memories that will etched in my mind forever. (Many of us was sick and vomitting, thus cant complete the painting)
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment