Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hello people we are from Group Banana-Balls and I am the group leader Weiling. These are my members Samuel, Ivan, Wan Ting Eugene and Zong Xuan.

The most impactful thing that impacted me was when we were at the farm orphanage, when we gave the kids some clothings , they were very happy to receive them and they kept on thanking us .this impacted me as I could see a smile on their faces and they were so happy to receive clothings even though they were not new ones. Samuel

The most impactful thing that deeply impacted me was when we went to the farm orphanage. The kids there even being orphans, were very friendly even to us, foreign people. We made friends with them and they taught us their local dace and how to weave a basket. At the end of the day when we were going home, I felt reluctant to get back to the hotel as I wanted to spend more time with them… I’ll just hope that there will be a trip like this again next time. Ivan

The most impactful thing that had happened was the visit to the farm orphanage. Compared to Singapore, Cambodia’s orphanage was a totally different kind of experience. Singapore’s orphanage provides good & proper beds whereas for the orphanage in Cambodia, they had quite a lot of kids staying under one shelter with no beds. The children taught us how to make a basket with our own bare hands. We made friends there too. They taught us how to create music with their locals instruments & dance. We distributed clothes to them.
What we did at the orphanage
-was welcomed by the kids
-performed for us
-taught us how to dance, play instruments & making a basket.
-distributed clothes
-time to say goodbye.
To conclude, all of us already had strong friendship with them & was very reluctant to be parted with them. Tears rolled down some of our cheeks. I have also known how fortunate we are compared to them.
~WanTing~


The most important thing that impacted me is when I was in Krobei Primary School. Yesterday when we reach the school, I find that the school was quite small and empty as the children have to study from Monday to Saturday. When we reach the school today, we saw the kids and I felt that there wasn’t enough space for so many of them to study in such a small school.
We went to teach the children some basic numbers and alphabets and even teach them some songs like twinkle twinkle little star. They were very happy when they receive the stationary, they were too excited and started snatching for the stationary. I was shocked and worried as I was afraid that it would lead out into fights. Even though there was quite a chaos but I felt the innocence in them. Quek


We went to a local restaurant which served local Cambodia food. The starter dish was fish soup. It tasted weird and usual. I took a few sips of the barbaric item and immediately I felt a short sharp pain in my stomach which signaled me that something wrong was happening in my body system. After a few minutes, immediately I vomited and all the fluid from my body. I saw rice all over my body. Never the less I vomited again several times after that. In the end, a doctor was brought in. I learned that we must stay strong in all situations. Regardless of anything perservance is important. Eugene

Throughout the two day, the most memorable place I went to was the orphanage. The people in the orphanage were really pitiful, and despite of them being pitiful they still come out with a very wonderful performance for us to enjoy. I had made friends there and they are very friendly. We painted the classrooms there, and the weather is terrible. That’s why almost all of us fall sick on the third day. –ZongXuan

No comments:

Post a Comment